FAV is leading the way in developing and delivering floor covering training to the industry. In partnership with TFIA Business Services, FAV now offers a wide range of training support, training subsidies and safety initiatives to our members.
- Thinking of employing a new Apprentice? Click on the TFIA logo for Information on employing Apprentices, training available and the subsidies you may be eligible to receive.
- Have you got a son, family friend or know a school student who would be ideal as a Floor cover but is still at school? We now have School Based New Apprenticeships available. This allows the student to remain at school while learning the floor covering trade
- Are you or a member of your team skilled but not Qualified? Do you want to achieve the qualification but not go back to school? FAV now has the Recognition of Current Competency (RCC) program available. Select your area of expertise by clicking the relevant link on the right. Complete the RCC document and send to TFIA. Charge of $290.00 applies, places are limited.
- The cost of advertising for Apprentices can be high. FAV now offers it's members access to afree service that will take the cost and pain out of advertising. Send your requirements to TFIA Business services. Information should include;
- Location of job
- Age group
- Expected start date
- Is a drivers license required?
- Is previous experience needed?
- Is it a Carpet, Resilient floor or Timber floor apprenticeship
- Anything else you require.
- Part of FAV's strategy is to lift the profile and professionalism of the industry regarding Occupational Health and Safety. FAV has formed a partnership with TFIA and Worksafe to deliver OH&S consultancy services to members at no charge. The program includes:
- You completing a self assessment of your main workplace OH&S compliance
- TFIA then supplies a OH&S consultant for up to 3 hours to assist you in developing an Action Plan to improve your workplace
- TFIA reviews your Action Plan improvements
- Worksafe issues you with a certificate of participation
WORKSAFE APPROVED PROGRAM Worksafe Logo
- Help FAV help you. Please complete a survey of your expected training needs and return to TFIA on fax 03 9866 8963
If you require any help or more information on training issues contact either;
|FAV||Patrick at TFIA|
|Mobile:||TBC||Mobile:||0409 365 899|
|Fax:||TBC||Fax:||03 9866 896|
|Email:||a new contact will be provided shorlty||Email:||email@example.com|